Position Responsibilities & Work Activities
- Maintain positive, professional and friendly attitude at all times.
- Extend warm, friendly greeting to host of function.
- Review event order with host and take appropriate action as changes are needed.
- Coordinate host special requests.
- Communicate host's needs clearly to service personnel and manager.
- Communicate with managers/supervisors regarding guest comments/complaints, recommending solutions and changes as appropriate.
- Oversee the development of annual Banquet budget, with the Food & Beverage Director and Director of Finance.
- Oversee all aspects of the division’s financial standing on a month-to-date, year-to-date standing.
- Review monthly financial information explaining variances between P&L, budget and historical performance.
- Maintain labor and associated costs within budgeted parameters.
- Manage payroll through strict review of staff schedules on a weekly basis to ensure that they are in accordance with anticipated business demands.
Staff Management & Development
- Provide continual supervision of Captains, servers and housemen before, during and after event.
- Ensure the completion of timesheets and spreadsheets in a timely manner.
- Ensure duties of Assistant Manager, Captain, Housemen, Servers and Bartenders are assigned upon arrival.
- Ensure the completion and return of beverage requisitions at conclusion of event.
- Oversee the completion equipment checklist prior to the day of the event.
- Ensure the maintenance of and proper care and cleanliness of serving equipment.
- Oversee pre-meeting before event, assigning stations and duties to servers.
- Ensure servers take appropriate breaks during events.
- Adhere to and reinforce all appearance and service standards and procedures.
- Know and follow county and state ordinances. E.g. Noise, light, etc.
- Maintain positive communication with the kitchen, service personnel and managers.
- Supervise the payroll of Servers, Captains and Housemen.
- Ensure adherence to all service standards and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all appearance standards of Captains, servers and housemen.