- Maintain positive attitude through adverse situations.
- Extend warm, friendly greeting to host of function.
- Review event order with host and take appropriate action as changes are needed.
- Coordinate host's special requests.
- Communicate host's needs clearly to service personnel and manager.
- Ensure staffing is appropriate.
- Complete equipment checklist prior to the day of the event.
- Assist in transportation, set up and breakdown of banquet function.
- Carry out instructions and inspect room for proper set-up according to event order.
- Inspect banquet areas (front and back of the house) for cleanliness, order and maintenance, taking corrective action when needed.
- Be knowledgeable of food and beverage menu for each event.
- Conduct pre-meeting before event, assigning stations and duties to servers.
- Maintain positive communication with the kitchen, service personnel and managers.
- Communicate with managers regarding guest comments and complaints, recommending solutions and changes as appropriate.
- Inform chef of timing, guarantee numbers and special requests.
- Assist in service of food and beverage as needed.
- Know and follow California liquor laws, ensuring that alcohol is not served to intoxicated guests or minors.
- Maintain proper care and cleanliness of service equipment.
- Ensure that servers take breaks as appropriate during events.
- Maintain and manage cash bank (for cash bar) during event.
- Complete and return beverage requisitions at conclusion of event.
- Oversee two or more servers per event and/or events, or act as supervisor of any event as determined by the Banquet Manager.
- Train servers regarding Meadowood service standards, procedures and APPRECIATE Core Value behaviors.
- Assign servers to banquet event tasks based upon familiarity with server capabilities.
- Ensure adherence to all service standards and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all appearance standards of servers.
- Provide continual supervision of servers before, during and after event.