Position Responsibilities & Work Activities
- Ensure guest satisfaction through continual monitoring and maintaining highest level of service and wine & cuisine offerings across all venues of the F&B division.
- Monitor guest reactions, conferring frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Correspond directly with guests having negative experiences with division.
- Ensure individualized attention to all guests by keeping current of daily house counts, arrivals/departures, VIPs and in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Facilitate individualized attention to all guests by maintenance of guest history in V1 database ensuring that F&B staff log individual guest preferences into guest records and utilize this information when interacting with guests.
- Oversee the development of annual F&B budget including average checks (food, liquor/beer and wine) and cover counts by outlet and meal period, labor (staffing guide) by department, cost of sale, percentages and other related expenses.
- Oversee all aspects of the division’s financial standing on a month-to-date, year-to-date standing.
- Review monthly financial information explaining variances between P&L, budget and historical performance.
- Review F&B sales daily, resolving discrepancies with Accounting team.
- Maintain labor and associated costs within budgeted parameters.
- Manage payroll through strict review of F&B manager and staff schedules on a weekly basis to ensure that they are in accordance with anticipated business demands.
- Review regularly and establish all pricing including such items as rental fees, corkage charges, etc.
Staff Management & Development
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and staff morale.
- Oversee hiring of F&B staff, interviewing all candidates being considered for hire to ensure cultural and experiential fit into division.
- Directly supervise F&B managers of The Grill, The Pool Terrace Café, and Banquets; Executive Chef; F&B Division staff.
- Ascertain position specific training needs of F&B staff and implement training as appropriate.
- Develop and implement cross-training such that staff are knowledgeable, experienced and interchangeable across F&B venues.
- Develop and implement incentive programs that motivate managers to perform at an exceptional level.
- Prioritize, organize and delegate work assignments for direct reports, following up as appropriate to achieve desired results.
- Manage performance of direct reports with consistent coaching, training and performance reviews.
- Implement professional development plans for F&B staff.
- Conduct weekly F&B manager meeting.
- Handle disciplinary situations and counsel staff members according to Meadowood standards as established through Human Resources.
Standards Development & Maintenance
- Collaborate with Executive Chef on development, presentation, pricing, pre-implementation tasting and implementation of all menus to ensure adherence to the high, consistent standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by local, state and federal liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Monitor F&B staff performance in all phases of service standards and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to establish standards.
- Inspect all aspects of the F&B environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order, directly respective personnel to rectify deficiencies as appropriate.
- Ensure all staff grooming and attire standards are adhered to at all times.
- Follow and teach all Meadowood and Forbes Standards.
- Serve as active member of Executive Committee.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and competition
- Be familiar with all aspects of Meadowood services and features.
- Maintain all policies and procedures as detailed in the Staff Handbook.
- Ensure that all F&B staff have updated Food Handlers Permits and TIPs training.
- Track current F&B trends and new concepts throughout Napa Valley.