• Set up and breakdown of events on and off Meadowood property ensuring set up according to Banquet Event Order.
• Ensure supplies are available according to the Banquet Event Order and equipment is set up and functioning properly.
• Periodically tidy the space, clearing away dishes, straightening furnishings, and refreshing soiled linen throughout the event.
• Keep track of event supplies, equipment and carefully store furnishings when not in use, promptly reporting major repair and maintenance needs to supervisor.
• Complete minor repairs, and cleaning in order to maintain functioning and presentable equipment
• Required to work weekends and holidays. Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
High school education or equivalent is required.
Three months of hospitality or event company experience helpful.
Basic math and English written and verbal communication skills is required.
Valid California Driver’s License.